Friday, September 21, 2012

September in rewind/fast forward

It has been a crazy couple of months. We have had our best friends from college come and live with us. They are an amazingly awesome family and have three beautiful kids that are sharing all of their love with us. Their names are Jake (husband), Rachel (Wife) and then their kids are Cooper (5) Jack (3) and Adele (1.3).  Our home has never felt so full and so crazy but so good all at the same time.

They came to live with us at the end of July while Jake attends law school. We have been super busy ever since and are loving the journey.

I am still YW president and Brandon is still Scout Master so we have had some fun adventures with our youth. In fact Brandon is camping with the YM tonight and I am taking the YW to go and meet them tomorrow morning for a 30 mile bike ride to Newport Beach. I love living so close to the beach (and we aren't even that close). It takes us about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to Newport Beach and every time we go there or somewhere else on the coast I go "This is why we live in CA!" I love it.

We celebrated my 26th birthday this month and to be honest it made me realize how young I am. I have always felt like I am racing the clock. That i have to fit all these things into my life because I was getting old and on my birthday I had this epiphany that I don't have to run and that it's okay to do "26 year old things." That I don't have to be 80 living in a 26 year old body (whatever that means...) So for my birthday we had a birthday party at a park and we invited our close friends that we just absolutely love. We have the greatest people surrounding us and it makes life amazing. I had the best birthday cake and I even ate two pieces...it was worth every calorie and every bite!

Brandon and I decided that for my Birthday we would go to Catalina and go camping and hiking. He got me this really awesome pack and sleeping bag and even a sleeping bag air mattress that is super light for backpacking. It rocked. The island was amazing and the food was delicious and the company couldn't have been better (it was just the two of us for a lovers getaway ;) I have to include that Brandon was able to feed a baby deer out of the palm of his hand and an Island fox too. He has pictures on his cell phone to prove it. It was the highlight of his trip!

My job is going great! I recently was promoted to a new position with a nice pay raise (that you couldn't even tell I got because of good ol' uncle Sam and his taxes!) but I love the responsibility and fun things that are coming my way. I really do have an amazing job and am super super blessed.

Brandon's job is also going great. He is running a couple of projects on his own and we are hoping that in the next couple of years he will be ready to become a project manager. That will be excellent!

I am going on a work trip to Houston at the end of the month and I can't wait to go! I am excited to go to a new city that I have never been to and am hoping that I have a lot of time to walk around the city and have a little bit of time to see what being in Texas is all about!

Our infertility is on hold. We were super excited about everything moving forward but have had to take a step back and  have come to realize that we need more time to heal. We feel like we jumped into everything so fast because we were "rebounding" from losing our little girl, Olivia. There is a lot more behind this change but to summarize without giving too much detail...we need some time where we are not living our lives around infertility, doctors, adoption,  social workers, planning for baby and thinking about babies. It might be hard for a lot of you to understand. It took time for me to come to grips with all of this, but through a lot of self (and couple) exploration of our hearts and minds we really just need a break from it all.

Until next time, Love ya! - Meg and Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment