Monday, November 19, 2012

Happenings of a busy couple (Oct/Nov)

A lot has happened since September so I thought I should probably blog about it!

I (Meg) was able to go visit my Brother and his family in Phoenix for my nephews 2nd birthday. Beckett is getting SO BIG and SO FUN. His party (which my uber creative sister in law did an amazing job planning) was "Cowboy" themed and all the little two year olds got a star badge and they had a horse pinata (That Brittany MADE!) and they dug for gold coins out of a sand pile and they all just had a blast. My very kind brother even wore a cow hat and let them all chase him with a hula hoop.   We also went to the Arizona state fair which was super fun. I haven't been to a fair in years. Here are a couple pics from the trip:




Brandon couldn't come with me because he had a Scout Camp out and then Ward "Fall Festival" which he helped Rachel with. He said he had a blast but wishes I could have enjoyed it with him (awww so sweet!) 
Our friends, The Fry's, who were living with us found a super cute house and decided that they should go ahead and rent it. It's not every day that a super cute house shows up on craigslist right in your price range! 
After they moved out we decided to change out the carpet (not because they trashed it, just because it needed to be replaced since we moved in and Lowes happened to be doing a great sale on Stainmaster) So here are a couple of pics. I forgot to get before pics but I was able to get during and after. 




 At the beginning of November we did a "Color Run" down in San Diego with a bunch of people from our ward. It was a BLAST! This first picture is just the line to Register. There were two different running times you could sign up for. We signed up for the afternoon and it was packed! There were an estimated 8k people there! It was only a 5k and most people walked it but Brandon and I ran pretty much the whole thing. The idea is that you run through theses different sections and people throw different colors on you. It's a powder and it gets EVERYWHERE! Next time I definitely won't smile while I am running through a color section. I had different color teeth the rest of the day!  It was one of my most favorite things that we have done this year!


at the finish line!

The color got EVERYWHERE

Brandon at the finish

This was the color party afterwards. There was a DJ and he would tell people to start throwing all of their color EVERYWHERE and so random people were throwing color packets all over you. SO MUCH FUN!

Brandon just rubbed that pink all over my face

On our way for In-N-Out after the run!


We have had a really fun month! It is awesome when your husband is your best friend because we get to have so much fun together all the time!



1 comment:

  1. Ok I am lame because I just now read this post, but I love it! I need to call you like tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete