Not much news on the baby front so we are just waiting for the phone call to tell us that we need to go to the hospital....keep praying for us!....we definitely need them.
Other interesting things going on in our life.....
Brandon and I went camping with our Young Women (6 of them). The weather had been perfect all week. On Friday (the day we are supposed to go camping) we woke up to rain. It was supposed to clear off by the evening so we thought we would be safe. It ended up being freezing cold and raining.......
poor young women! We did end up having a good time but we sure were hoping for better weather. Better luck next time.
I woke up this morning (Sunday) and went to turn my head and ended up having a major (MAJOR) muscle spasm on the right side of my neck. You could see the muscle and how tense it was and there was this HUGE knot right at the top of my spine. I tried to get up but when I did I heard this tear and I thought that I had maybe torn the muscle in my neck. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. It was worse than breaking my arm in the same place twice. I cried and cried and we decided to go to the hospital. At that point I couldn't move my neck or my arms because it just hurt so bad. When we got to the hospital the doctor tried to massage it a little bit and explained how the muscles had frozen during the night and then when I tried to get up the freaked out and turned into hard rods and knots. He said he normally massages and then cracks the neck but mine was so bad that he thought it would only cause me more pain. He gave me tons and tons of pain killers and a muscle relaxer. I am not supposed to do anything for a couple of days and to keep a heat pad on it. Since coming home (and taking lots of pain meds) I am feeling much better with just minor pain. Brandon has been a master masseur and has been rubbing the knots out every couple of hours. Thank goodness for a sweet husband.
On a high note....we got a BLENDTEC Blender!! So excited for all the yummy foods that we can make. So far we have made two smoothies, one blend of spinach ice cream (sounds gross but is yummy) and some chicken tortilla soup. I can already tell you that this is one of the best investments we have made and I am super excited to make baby food in it for our baby girl!
Our next post will hopefully be telling you all about our new sweet daughter!
I'm so sorry! I can only imagine the pain, I know I complain alot just when I have a kinked neck. Wishing you well, and can't wait to hear baby news!
ReplyDeletesounds awful! Hey, I wanted to tell you about a friend I had in Utah who was in one of my BYU wards. She has an awesome blog about adoption and infertility (having been through both herself) and she does a ton of awareness things. Anyway, you should check it out because I love her, and I love you and am so excited about your little one. It is www.therhouse.com
ReplyDelete