Since I haven't posted in a month (has it really been that long...yikes) I decided I would do a super duper quick update (in no particular order) of what has been going on over the last month.
Adoption - everything is great! Met the Birth Father for the first time yesterday and he is very nice, very skinny, and pretty funny. Definitely not ready to be a parent and is on board (at this point) with the adoption! Ms. A and him have an appointment with LDSFS on Monday to council and HOPEFULLY start/finish paperwork. Ms. A is going to the doctor weekly now and we are expecting the baby to come within the next month (YIKES!)
Next Sunday, May 6th, we are going to be fasting for our adoption to go smoothly and for them both to stay strong in their decision to place with us. We would love for you to join us if you would like!
Church - We have had a lot of great activities! I took the youth to the Mesa Temple Pageant and camped out with them (meaning they sleep outside on hard ground, while I enjoy the comfy bed provided inside) and then drove home the very next day. Fast trip with no stopping! We also went to a baseball game, are working on preparing for girls camp, and Brandon and I had to speak on the importance of family and the sealing power last Sunday.
Family - We are expecting a lot of babies this year (all Brandon's side) and are excited for all of them. We are thinking that we might not name our baby girl Maya....the name is still on the list but we want to make sure that when we see her, whatever name we give her, fits her! So it may or may not be a surprise (the name that is).
Projects - Brandon has really done a great job with our garden (I try to help, but that is his baby) and we are expecting a lot of fruits and veggies this year. We have 18 strawberry plants, blackberries, squash, corn, green beans, watermelon, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, Anaheim peppers (for salsa), two orange trees, an avocado tree, asparagus, grapes, and raspberries ( I think I got everything......)
Babys room is finished but we still have to get some last minute things and are hoping for some things from our baby registry.
Guest room is almost ready....we have to finish with decorations and nightstands.
We bought two beach cruisers and are LOVING THEM!!
Okay so that was my super fast update! This month is busy for us with work....I am traveling three weeks out of the month and Brandon has some big construction projects he is working on.
No comments:
Post a Comment