Sunday, April 1, 2012

Corn Dogs at Conference

Brandon and I had a marvelous weekend! We had two whole days dedicated to feeding out spirits! For those not of our faith...let me explain. Twice  a year (beginning of April and beginning of October) we have General Conference. This is where, at the Conference Center in Salt Lake, our Prophet, Apostles, and other church leaders speak to us (members of the church throughout the world) about things that we believe and things that we can do to draw closer to our Heavenly Father.

One of my favorite talks this conference was based around the idea that our Heavenly Father is the Father of our spirits and that we must pray, read our scriptures, and live a righteous uplifting life, to feed and nourish our spirits just like we have to feed and nourish our bodies. I loved that. I love knowing that we are here, in this life, to have a spiritual experience, not simply a physical.

That being said....we must also nourish our bodies and boy did Brandon and I have a delicious Sunday. We were looking at pinterest and found an amazing recipe for....HOMEMADE CORN DOGS! I am not a hot dog eater, but I will have them once or twice a year...and today proved to be that day. If you follow me on pinterest you will see the pin under my "Foodies" pinboard and it is definitely worth a try. I so thoroughly enjoyed them....that I had two!
This is what you start with. A yummy corn bread batter, hot dogs (All Beef is a must) and an empty glass. 
Pour the batter into the glass then stick the hot dog into the batter and make sure that it is nice and coated. Making sure the tip is covered which can be tricky. 


Then you pop them into the oil (yes....we are deep frying food....crazy I know)


Cook until nice and golden brown and ENJOY!




We also made sweet potato fries, which would have been so delicious if I (Meg) hadn't put too many in the pot making the oil spill over and forcing us to turn off the stove (for some reason....sweet potato fries make the oil bubble up more than anything else I have ever seen). Brandon was a sweetie and cleaned up. 

Yay for Conference an Yay for Corn Dogs (and sweet potato fries)!!





1 comment:

  1. Please promise you will make these for me someday! My birthday is coming up. Maybe you could send me some in the mail? :) They are like my favorite food item IN THE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete