Monday, February 6, 2012

Blessed and Happy

Brandon and I have been happily busy. It's good to be busy and it keeps us focused on what is important. We will do a quick run through....

We finished mounting the TV above the fireplace in the living room and created new shelving (pictures to come) that will hold all of our movies, games, and decor that go in the living room.

I hosted a baby shower this weeked for my friend, Lindsey, who is expecting her first boy in March. The color were yellow, grey, and white. I did a yogurt parfait bar (the shower was at 10am) with fresh fruit and lemon-poppy seed muffins (graciously brought by a sweet sister in our ward). It was a great time and it was exciting to see all the cute stuff that she got for her little boy. There sure are a lot of cute boy clothes out there....which I didn't think existed.

Brandon went on a campout with the Scouts and loved it. He got to use his new sleeping bag and ZipBoil that he got for Christmas. He said the hike was really steep and really hard and that he was worried that some of the younger scouts weren't going to make it or that they were going to break down in tears. But they didn't and they all finished the hike. He was pretty sore and tired when he got home but was really glad that he was able to go. He loves being able go camping and hiking for his calling at church....a great blessing.

I have a huge event that I am planning at work. It takes place on March 21st so my life has been pretty consumed with planning that. I will really be glad when it is March 22nd....I am definitely going to be on vacation.

Brandon is swamped with projects at work and that is a very good thing. He is learning a lot and may even be handling a couple of the projects on his own (great training to one day be a Project Manager).

Life is great and wonderful and fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is so great! And don't forget to try and squeeze in some basketball on Thursday nights. This week we are at the Banning building again.

    ReplyDelete