It has been one of those weeks that you just can't wait to be over. I am sure we have all had at least one of those weeks (if not more).
On Wednesday I got up for work, got dressed, ate breakfast and was walking out of the house to leave when I realized I didn't have my keys. I looked everywhere. The house looked like a war zone. Then I remembered that Brandon drove the car home on Tuesday night from our Youth Activity at church. I called him and said "Hey do you know where my car keys are?" His response was NOT what I wanted or needed to hear....."I have them right here....in my pocket." YIKES! He accidentally had both sets of keys. I was dreading having to call my boss and tell him how dumb we were for not making sure that both people had a set of keys. Luckily my boss is pretty amazing and said "Crap happens." YES IT DOES!
I did have my I-pad and a lap top so I could do some work from home which was great because I had a lot of work to do and I didn't want to have to play catch up. I was pretty upset with Brandon but realized later (a whole day later) that it was actually a blessing. I was able to work from home and still have time to do some things I enjoy, like make soup, homemade bread, and some yummy cookies. It was actually a great day but I was still pretty embarrassed.
Wednesday was full of disappointment because as I was going to turn on our computer....the hard drive completely burned up. There was nothing we could do to save it. Everything was erased. YIKES! Brandon did his best to try to save it...but there was nothing we could do. Our computer was 6 years old but it had been through a lot. 8 moves in 6 years of marriage. Tons of downloads. Tons of music to store. Tons of pictures. We had to have it completely erased and cleaned up two times. Needless to say....it's time had come. But with all negative things....arises an opportunity. For us that opportunity was to get the computer that I (and maybe Brandon too) had always wanted. It is beautiful. It is sleek. It has only one cord that you plug into the wall and everything else is built in....including wifi. Can you guess what it is yet?

WE LOVE IT!
Going back to the car story, again, because it isn't quite over......So Brandon get's home from work and I
Had to leave to go to church for a Relief Society activity. So I go to get in my car and it won't start!!
The battery was dead! Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that it didn't work for me to go to work
because it may have broken down on me and left me stranded somewhere. Who knows?
So that is some of the craziness at our house this week. On Friday Brandon took me out on a date to one
of my favorite restaurants and we were going to go see The Vow but it was all sold out. Today we are
just making preparations for our BEST FRIENDS who are coming down for a visit next week. CAN'T
WAIT!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment