Monday, January 23, 2012

Cooking

I honestly truly love to cook. It fills my soul (I know that sounds super cheesy) but there is just something about feeding someone something that is so delicious that I just get really excited about. We have friends coming for a visit from Washington in February and I am already trying out new recipes that I might be able to make for them. This weekend I made three DELICIOUS recipes.

The first one was from of one of my favorite blogs "Our Best Bites" which has absolutely amazing recipes. I have never tried something that I didn't love. I always kind of put my own twist on them, but I am sure everyone does since we all have varied tastes. Brandon said "this is one of the best soups I have ever had" so I highly recommend it to everyone! Super easy, super cheap, and super YUMMY!

Italian Turkey Soup

[turkey+soup.JPG]

The next was from a cookbook from my all time favorite store WILLIAM-SONOMA. I got a new cookbook called FAMILY MEALS and they have all sorts of good down home recipes. So I chose to start off with their cinnamon-rolls. WOW! Seriously.....the best cinnamon rolls we have EVER had (not bragging...just giving a very strong recommendation!) Brandon loves walnuts so the only change I made was to add chopped walnuts but I bet it would be great with raisins too (Brandon hates raisins...hence...no raisins).  They also feature this recipe on their website....HERE



The last thing I made was for a snack later in the day (yes I know we had cinnamon rolls...but there is no rule that says we can't have TWO treats!) So I made homemade Kettle-Corn on the stove. It was super delicious and a perfect way to end the day. I love the salty-sweet combo about as much as I love chocolate and peanut butter!

[kettle+corn+close+up.jpg]

More amazing recipes to come!

1 comment:

  1. UM YES, YES and YES!! I cannot wait to see you guys and cook with you and laugh with you and play and be tourists and stay up late and eat and have fun. YES.

    ReplyDelete