Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas In Utah! BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

That's right.... I am just posting about Christmas....what can I say... I am a SLACKER but it will all be okay.

Christmas with my parents was AMAZING! Brandon and I drove up after work on Wednesday before Christmas and got there Thursday morning at about 3 am. It wasn't a bad drive (Brandon did most of the work) but the only part that was scary was when we hit some snow and wind all at the same time. It was like that for about an hour and then it cleared up. THANK GOODNESS! My blood was pumpin'!

My dad has an awesome apartment that is one block away from Temple Square. It is mostly full of old people (he has four people in his ward that are over 100!) but that just means it is kept up really nice. Temple square was simply amazing. The lights were on every single branch and twig that you could see. In the middle of the reflection pool there was a nativity scene with floating candles all around and it looked heavenly. My dad took us all (it was my brother Montana and his family and my mom) out to eat an a wonderful restaurant afterwards where they make mile high hot chocolate that I got to try that morning and it was simply the best day.

For Christmas Brandon gave me a Wii! with two games! He got a bunch of camping stuff for him to enjoy for Scouts. I got him this cooking pot that folds up into itself, has it's own flame, and can boil water in 60 seconds. It's pretty sweet. My mom showered us with gifts but honestly....even if we didn't get one single gift, it would still have been the best Christmas ever! We also went to Brittany's Parents house (The McEwen's) and man do they know how to have fun. We made sleds out of giant Hershey bars, loaded them up with candy to hopefully make the go faster, and raced them down the stairs. There were prizes for the top three winners. It ended up being a McEwen who won, but I think the Hebdon's will be ready to take the victory next time! We also played minute to win it and let's just say...it isn't my best game. Brandon rocked it....me....not so much.  I LOVE my family. and I love Brandon.

We returned home to spend a couple of more days with my Sister and her family. We were able to play games and eat yummy food and for New Years my sister-in-law Brittany made us "Butter-beer". Like you read about in Harry Potter. Here mom gave her the recipe that they use at Disney World and OH MY GOODNESS....it was so sweet it felt like someone was giving you an IV full of sugar! We all took one or two sips....took a picture holding up our "Beer" (that has absolutely no alcohol) and then we all pretty much walked away from our glasses. The sweetness was just too much, and I never thought I would say that about anything!

We are glad to be back in our normal schedules...but we are definitely looking forward to seeing my family again!

No comments:

Post a Comment