Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving and a Christmas Tree

Brandon and I celebrated our Thanksgiving a little early this year. A lot early, actually. We decided to have a "Freindgiving" where we have some of our friends over from our ward for a Thanksgiving feast. We wanted to spend time with them all before we all left and did our own thing. Most are heading to family. We have been invited to one of our friends houses for Thanksgiving this year and we are SO excited. Charity (my friend) is probably one of the best cooks I have ever met. Everything she makes is so delicious! Anyway, our "Friendgiving" came out great. I prepared my signature turkey and it was just as good this year as it has been in the past. Oh how i love yummy moist turkey! So we had our feast on November 12th.

The next day I leave for ward council and when I come home there is a huge Christmas tree (actually half of a Christmas tree) being put up in the entry way. It is HUGE. We scored at a garage sale this year and found a 12ft. Christmas tree for $15 dollars!!! So I turned on the Christmas music and Brandon and I spent a lot of the afternoon putting up and decorating the Christmas tree and drinking hot caramel apple cider. There is something so calming and relaxing about a Christmas tree with all the decorations and twinkling lights. It is one of the few things that helps me to de-stress. When I come home from a long day at work it is so nice to sit in my big comfy chair, drink hot apple cider, and stare at the Christmas lights. It always makes me think of the Savior and his humble beginnings. How the star shone in the sky to tell all the world that the Savior of all mankind was born. That is why I love the Holidays. Because it helps me to think more about the Savior and His life.

We are excited to stay in our own home this Christmas. We have been decorating the whole house and soon I will start making cookies and Christmas gifts. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment