Friday, September 2, 2011

August in Review

August has been a crazy busy month!

Megan went to a wedding in North Lake Tahoe while Brandon flew to his brother Michael's wedding which just happened to be the same weekend.

This is me (Meg) at Stephanie's Dress Rehearsal. While I was there I got to experience some fun things such as laying by the pool, getting a massage, a pedicure, horseback riding, and some of the most amazing food you could imagine.  I even tried goat cheese and LOVED it! YUM.



Sorry to say that I don't have any pictures of Brandon's fun time but he said the wedding was beautiful and that it was great to see family. 

Right after we got home we packed for our trip to CARPINTERIA STATE BEACH! We had such a great time. There were 5 other families there from our ward/stake and we spent a lot of time on the beach and a lot of time in front of the campfire. 



One of the days we all hopped our on beach cruisers and went to this yummy place for ice cream. 


On the way home all of us stopped at one of California's finest restaurants....

The week after Carpinteria we both felt exhausted. We felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation but we did have A LOT of fun. Brandon went camping there very next weekend with the boy scouts to this beach...


Which is San Clemente State Beach. They taught the boys how to cook in a dutch oven and from what Brandon said it sounds like the food all turned out amazing. Brandon has also taken up a new hobby of 
BOOGIE BOARDING!

(That isn't Brandon....but he sure wishes it was...what an awesome wave!)

We are hoping to make it to the beach one more time before the summer comes to an end. 

This month we also had our Home Study for our adoption and we bought a Car Seat. This one to be exact....
We chose grey and yellow because it is a neutral color but also because the baby's room is yellow. Can you tell we are really digging yellow right now?

We passed our home study with flying colors and are now just waiting on our documents to come back from Idaho with approval and then we post our profile. We might have a little one joining us before the end of the year....you never know!

We also bought our first pack of diapers and we are AMAZED at how small they are. We bought them because they were on sale at Costco and so we got 216 (size 1-2) for 25 bucks. We know we will need them so why not get them now right? (Do I sound crazy? I feel like I do)

During our home study our social worker said "your profile picture you have chosen is very cute...but it doesn't look like you anymore because now you have short hair...so we will need an up to date profile picture." I was like...OH SNAP...I don't have any good ones!

So an amazing sister in our ward (who is an AMAZING photographer) said she would take a couple for us so that we would have something "up to date." Here is how they turned out....



We chose the first one for our profile picture. I was so nervous the whole time because in the back of my mind I was thinking " OH NO, what if we look horrible and no one chooses us to be parents." I was panicking just picking out an outfit. I like how they turned out though and hopefully the birth moms think we will do. 

September, I am sure, will be just as busy but we love it. It makes the time pass while we wait for our little one to come home!
 

3 comments:

  1. You guys are both super hot and if I were trying to choose a place for my child to go, I would definitely pick you :) Seriously. That chicco carseat is the same one we have and I love it! Good choice. Also, did you know in and out is now scattered all over Utah??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great month! That carseat is the same we bought but ours were black and grey and we loved them! The yellow is cute! That perfect birth mom will find you and I hope she does soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love reading your updates! So cool! And I'm so glad you're preparing now! You never know about those super last minute placements!

    ReplyDelete