Today we had our home study and it went AMAZING!
That's right...we rock at child safety! :)
Our social worker came over and asked us more questions and we got to ask her lots of questions and then we basically took her on a tour of our home. We showed her where our fire extinguishers are (that's right...multiple.... one in each car and one under the sink) Then we showed her where the fire alarms are and where the knives are kept (the knives...like regular sharp kitchen knives...have to be in a locked drawer or cabinet). She also checks on cleanliness and making sure that we don't have any guns or dangerous items. She makes sure the outlets are covered and that we have our emergency contact information in the correct location. It was actually pretty simple and not nearly as stressful as I thought it was going to be. She did tell us this....
"This is the last step, so as soon as I get your documents back from Idaho then we will post your profile onto the website." YAY! Isn't that just so exciting!!!?
It can take quite a long time for the states to get the documents back but she told us to expect no more than two months but that it will probably take around a month. We are hoping less because we are just so excited to meet the sweet spirit that is prepared for our home.
We have had so many neat spiritual experiences since we started on this journey and we know that more and more will come as we grow closer to placement. It probably sounds so weird to say but I feel like I already know them (him or her) but I am just waiting to meet them. Probably a lot like being pregnant...a tender mercy from the Lord. I have also started nesting....just a little bit. Not like a crazy obsessive person but I did get a set of bottles (special ones so they don't spit up or get gas) and the baby's room is pretty much complete. We were given a crib and we have a cute little dresser. We also bought a car seat this last weekend that is so awesome. It is yellow and grey (very gender neutral). My mom made me a beautiful blanket and so did a co-workers mom. They are so so kind.
We are just so so blessed to have the opportunity to adopt and our hearts are full of gratitude and love.
Another step closer! Awesome! SO excited!
ReplyDelete