Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Holidays are Here

It seems crazy to me that I just posted August in review...and now I should be posting September AND October in Review.

I have been wanting to post but I was hoping that the next time I posted I would be able to announce good news...and that isn't the case. We are still waiting on one document to be returned from Idaho and then we will be able to post our adoption profile and then we can patiently wait to be chosen and to choose our baby.

Work has been really busy for me (Meg) and for Brandon. I was able to go out to NC in September which was a great blessing and it was for work which made it even more fun. I was able to see family and a few of my friends but the trip was mostly made up of long days in a conference room at a hotel in downtown Charlotte. I did learn a lot of great things and am very glad that I was able to go. Brandon just finished up one project that he was working on at work which was tenant improvements for a law office. He is glad that it is finally over and he can move onto another project. He is also working with a new project manager and is excited about that.

We did find out that we didn't get the Edison job which we had fasted and prayed for...but we feel it was a tender mercy from the Lord. The same day we found out that they were not going to hire Brandon we also found out that they may be doing lay-offs. It is a blessing that we each have such great jobs and that Edison was just a wish not a need. We have been counting all of our blessings and can definitely see the Lord's hand in our lives.

We are definitely excited about the Holidays coming. We have our ward "Fall Festival" this coming Friday and Brandon and I are still trying to think of costumes. I was thinking we could be missionaries OR nerds (they are easy costumes....I know....lame) but Brandon wasn't too keen on either of those so we will just have to keep thinking. Halloween is my least favorite Holiday but I think that is because we don't have any children. I am sure their joy and excitement will get me pumped up.

On the other hand...I live for Thanksgiving and Christmas and have been working diligently on making sure I have enough decorations to make our house feel like a home for the holidays. We scored and found a 12 ft. Christmas tree at a garage sale for 15 dollars. It isn't pre-lit which I am actually happy about because that means we get to take the time out of our busy lives and enjoy the holidays and stringing lights. I also am addicted to pinterest and have found about 500 things I want to do for Christmas...I don't think there is enough time to do them all but I am going to try.

Although we wont be seeing family for the Holidays we are so so so excited about spending them in our own home. If anyone would like to join us, all are welcome. We will have hot apple cider on the stove (special recipe) and cookies in the oven!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Halloween is my least favorite holiday too! I do, however, like to see the cutsie things, but the scary is just too rotten and irritates me. I have a not so secret wish that Halloween be wiped right off the calendar. I wouldn't miss it!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come join you for cider and cookies! Megan you are such a sweet person, I am glad to know you.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete