Most of you are probably thinking...how do you collect quotes? Well, let me tell you. I hear a quote and I always try to memorize it. Rarely does that work so I usually end up writing them down. I love it when I have forgotten about a quote and then I stumble upon it again.In fact if you look through my stuff I have note-cards, sticky-notes, scraps of paper, and whatever else I had lying around when I wanted to write it down. It's like rediscovering a gem that you have already have. Here is an example.
As I was flipping through my scriptures I found this quote that I had written on the very back page.
"It is better to prepare and prevent, then repair and repent." Finding it reminds me of why I wrote it, where I was, and it brought back a flood of memories. It was great!
Then as I was looking through my journal I see that throughout the pages I have scattered quotes. Little things that help me along the way or inspire me to be better. I also love to print them out and hang them up. I have two hanging in my office at work. I have even gone so far as to save a lot of my fortune cookies cause you can get little gems sometimes. Last Christmas, at work, we were sent a big box of these delicious "Karma-mels" (supposed to be caramels but they wanted to make a play on words) and each one came wrapped in a quote. I saved every wrapper from the pieces that I ate because it was like a double gift. A quote and a caramel.....awesome!
In my dream world I would have a wall of quotes....something like this....maybe in my home office....
Anyway.... just a little tid-bit about me and my quirky personality. What's your favorite quote?
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes its the quite voice saying "I will try again tomorrow."
ReplyDelete