Friday, August 12, 2011

Future Child

I was listening to "Green Eyes" today by Coldplay (even though this song has nothing to do with having a baby or being a mom) and it made me wonder what color of eyes my future child will have. It seems like the closer we get to being placed with a baby the more and more curious I am becoming to meet this little person that is going to change our entire lives. So I was thinking of all the things that I want to say to them and teach them...maybe I am completely off track but even so...it should make for good reading when our kids read this later....so here we go...

You are a child of God
You are beautiful/handsome
I love you
We prayed for you to come to our family
I knew you before you were born
I love you
I am proud of you
You rock
Don't forget to brush your teeth
YAY! You did it!
POTTY DANCE!!!
There is more to life than thinking about yourself
I forgive you
No - because I said so
Have no fear
You can't leave the house in that
Saturday is a special day - it's the day we prepare for Sunday
I love your dad more than anything in the world
You were brought to us because everyone we know prayed for you to come to our family
You are sealed to us for time and all eternity
What does the For Strength of Youth Say?
You have to take responsibility
If everyone was jumping off a bridge would you do it to?
If you eat all that sugar your teeth will rot
Wait until your father comes home!
I know it hurts, but I will not kiss your butt
I know we love all the rocks, but we can only take one into the store today
Stop crying or I will give you something to cry about
The car is not a garbage can
I love you
Please keep your dirt collection outside
You can't marry daddy, I got him first
We don't eat mudpies
I love you
Don't put the chips back into the bag after you have licked them
Take it easy
Shake it like a Polaroid picture
Whatever you are, be a good one
No one is perfect, that is why pencils have erasers
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm
Fold your arms to pray
He who trims his suit to fit everyone, will soon whittle himself away
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else
I love you
Can you feel the spirit?
Your birth-mother loved you so much
You are what you eat
Your daddy and I love you more than anything in the entire world!!!


Those are all the things that came to mind today....but I know that when we finally do have kids,  a lot more will be said. Can't wait! So exciting!



1 comment:

  1. Oh man you guys are going to be such fun parents! I can't wait to see what (and who!) Heavenly Father has in store for you! :)

    ReplyDelete