Background checks are BAAAACKKK!!! YAY!
What does this mean? Where are we in this crazy process? Good questions.
In the great? state of California you have to have background checks...three for each person. We completed those and they are back but since we lived out of state we have another step.
If you have lived out of state (like we did) in the last five years, you have to get that state to also run name checks. So we have to go in to the office, notarize the paperwork for them to release our information, then they send our info to the state of California, California then sends it to Idaho, Idaho runs the names, Sees that we are Mormon...so we don't even drink coffee let alone murder people or beat other peoples children, then Idaho sends them back to California, California then says "okay your good" then sends that to our agency and then our social worker tells us.
How does this fit into this crazy process....
Well we have our "home study" on monday where they come in a walk through our home, make sure we have everything we need to keep our child safe...EVERYTHING. (If you need a consultant on home safety with children...let me know....at this point I think I am an expert). Once we are finished with the background check from Idaho and then our home study....we POST. Meaning we post our profile to the LDS.Org website and all the birth-mothers who are thinking of placing for adoption can then view our profile and pictures and all that good stuff and hopefully choose us. It could take anywhere from two weeks to two years...at that point there is no step by step it's just waiting for our baby to come.
Yay! I am so excited for you guys! What a crazy process. I'm so impressed you guys have been able to juggle everything with work. That little baby is going to be so lucky and blessed to have you both as parents. Good luck with your home study. One day I hope to get your Expert advice On how to make the home safe. :) we miss you guys. Beach day?
ReplyDeleteGood luck girl! I know that you guys will be blessed with a new little one.
ReplyDeleteYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are SO CLOSE! I bet you can just taste it! I can't wait to see your little blessing come along!
ReplyDelete