Monday, April 18, 2011

Paint Colors?

Have you ever painted your entire house to only realize 8 months later that you want to paint it a different color?

WE HAVE! We have decided that we want our house to have more of a "warm" feel to it. We have been using a lot of cold colors because I tend to like the cooler colors for Southern California (only because it makes you feel cool, even when it isn't.) With that being said, Brandon and I have been looking at a lot of different houses lately via blogs, dinner invites, parties, etc. and we are realizing that we really like going into homes that have "warm" colors in them. I have found a couple of blogs that if I could just use their exact paint palate we would be happy. One of them is called "The Nesting Place" and you can link to it on my blog on the right. I just love the way she uses the browns, whites and blues. So we decided to try and do one room at a time and paint the house....all over again!

We are also experimenting with our cabinets. We found this new paint system at Home Depot that is specifically for cabinets and I have always wanted to have white cabinets in my kitchen. SO we are going to experiment with some cabinets that we have upstairs to make sure that we like it and if it works out great then we are going to do it in our kitchen. 

The last project that we are working on right now is refinishing our table top. We just did this about two years ago when we bought it a yard sale but now we want it to be a darker finish. It just looks so nice having that dark wood! I juts love it! Brandon's is then going to build a bench for one side of the table and then we are going to buy chairs for the rest. 

Brandon and I really really love working on our home and on all of our little projects! What kind of things are you working on right now at your house?

Pictures coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE doing stuff like that!! but shadd really doesn't like to, it's 'work' to him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm excited for you to do some painting. It always feels so good a fresh when you're done! We're about to move here in a few weeks and when we do I'm going to do some painting in the new place. Right now it has all white walls and that's a no, no for me. I'm partial to earthy tones. Deep browns and greens. Dark wood furniture. I've thought about being a little adventurous and maybe doing the kitchen in a sassy red but Kevin wasn't too hot on the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I stopped by the blog after we met last weekend but just getting around to a comment now....I am very interested to know how the cabinet painting goes. We have a kitchen we plan to pain too, but we're feeling a little nervous about doing it ourselves. We'll have to talk!

    ReplyDelete