So today I went
window shopping (shhhh don't tell Brandon) and as I was
checking out...leaving... the nice lady says "Happy Mothers day...wait...are you a mom?" and I said YES I AM! and here is why....
 |
Sheri L. Dew
|
Many of you are probably asking who in the heck this woman is...let me tell you. This is a woman who has helped me look at my time as "mother-in-waiting" a little differently. She wrote this talk called "Are We Not All Mothers?" and this last week my absolutely amazing Sister-in-Law sent me this...
In this book she talks about how we are always mothers no matter if we ever bear our own children or not. That working with the youth in our ward and the children in our families is a way for us to be mothers and she talks about that wonderful priviledge. It is seriously amazing and a short read, so if you haven't read it...and you need a pick me up...READ IT!
So after reading this book I can now hold my head high and say "Yes, I am a mother!" Happy early mothers day to me!
I was just thinking about you and wondering if you have ever watched the Disney movie "Meet the Robinsons." If you haven't then you really should, if you have then you should watch it again. It seemed to bring in real fears and feelings about adoptions.
ReplyDeleteLove you so much!!!!!
ReplyDelete