Our best friends (we consider them family) Jake and Rachel came all the way down to Seattle to see us for a long weekend. I was able to take a half day on wednesday and then have Thursday and Friday off which was AWESOME! Brandon took Thursday and Friday off as well and I don't think we have spent that much time together in a long time.
Things we did while they were here.....
Ate an In and Out
Went to San Diego and rode bikes from Mission Beach to La Jolla cove where we could see the seals that were laying on the beach. We had breakfast at my all time favorite restaurant...RICHARD WALKERS PANCAKE HOUSE....oh my goodness...I love it. We also went to Coronado and walked around and looked at the amazing historic hotel. Then we went to the Mormon Battalion and got a history lesson on how the Mormon's help build up the San Diego area with many sacrifices along the way. I also learned that the money they earned from their trek also provided a lot of the money for the Mormon Pioneers to cross the plans.
After Mormon Battalion we went to the San Diego Temple and did a sealing session. It was an amazing spiritual experience for all of us...and there are no coincidences so I think a each of us were able to receive a confirmation or an answer to our prayers.
The next day we spent the day at Six Flags Magic Mountain and rode some pretty crazy rides. It was super fun but after so many roller coasters I turn into an old person (this is meg) and my brain starts to go crazy and I start to feel sick. Plus the sun went down so it got pretty cold so we decided to head back home.
After that we went hiking in Yucaipa and showed them what the City looks like from above. It was an awesome hike.
The next day we went to Palm Springs. They have an outdoor market and we were able to find a couple of good things and enjoyed the fresh popped Kettle Corn. YUMMMMM
When we took Jake and Rachel to the airport it was super sad. We didn't want them to go but we do know that we are going to have them as life long friends so that does bring us some comfort. Hopefully Jake can come to Law School down here and we can spend a lot more time with them. That is definitely in our prayers.
In other news....
Brandon is now LEED Accredited! WAY TO GO BABE! which means he can have a cool title designation after his name. If you are unfamiliar with LEED it is basically a "go green" program that is applied to buildings. So basically Brandon understand what you have to do to make a building "green."
I have a lot of huge stuff coming up at work....
March 13th- we are taking over an Arena and a Hockey game to a "SET ONTARIO AIRPORT FREE" campaign night. So a lot of prep goes into that.
March 14th - State of the City Sponsor Dinner (all of the big wigs come from all of our major companies that are developing or investing in the city and I get to have dinner with them....and plan the whole evening....and make sure everyone is happy.....fun)
March 21st - STATE OF THE CITY 2012......we plan all year for this event and this year...I am the CHAIR. So I have been working on this since last June. It is a lot of work and I will be SO GLAD when it is over. I am even going to take a mini vacation afterward. YAY!
Looks like you guys are doing well. I haven't been checking blogs in quite some time, so I did lots of reading/skimming today! Congratulations on getting approved for adoption! Best wishes!!
ReplyDelete