Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tales of my Hunter

Did you know that I live with a fierce hunter? He walks around our house with his gun and shoots the crazy animals that come near. Last Sunday as we were eating dinner with the missionaries he heard one of the crazy animals and so he grabbed his gun and jumped out the window to get it. When he got back to the dinner table he let us know that he was unsuccessful. When we asked him why he went out the window instead of the front door he said he "thought the neighbors would think he was crazy if they saw him run out the front door with a gun." I guess jumping our the window with a gun doesn't make you crazy at all!

That leads me to today.

As I was sitting here blog hopping I hear a tap* tap* on the window behind me. When I turn to look I see Brandon, my fierce hunter, hold up his spoils of war, on our garden hoe (gross right?). He had saved our home once again from those vicious pigeons that like to poop on our plants and nest outside of our bedroom window. He says to me as he is showing me his spoils, " Perfect shot. Straight through the heart. No suffering." and then he throws the pigeon in the natural waste (for grass, twigs, plants) garbage bin. Oh what a great little hunter I have. Good thing he was a good shot! You have to be with a BB Gun or else they get away!

3 comments:

  1. bahaha you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some serious fat squirrels who keep digging up my seeds...maybe I need to hire out your services!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete