Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Updates

We are still loving sunny SoCal! We recently ran in a 5k "Bubble Run" with my sister and her family in Irvine and we had a blast. Turner was in the stroller the whole run and he loved it too. You are probably asking "What is a "bubble run" - It's where you run through huge piles of colored bubbles! There is a bubble machine about every mile and it creates HUGE piles of bubbles and they dye the bubbles to be different colors. They give you a white shirt so when you run through the bubbles it dyes your shirt all different colors. It even dyed our stroller (it washes out thankfully). Turner thought the bubbles were awesome and we all had a blast!




Turner is loving being here too! He gets to play outside A LOT and is getting pretty spoiled by my family, which is awesome! My sister loves him so much, it's super cute! He has 10 teeth now, and he started drooling pretty heavily this week so we are thinking he has a couple more coming in. He can say daddy, baby, drink, thank you, doggie, and pixie (the name of my sisters dog).  Yesterday, March 24th, he stood up on his own and walked across the floor to me. It was AMAZING! I got so so excited. I tried to get him doing it on video again but when I started filming he got distracted and fell straight back and hit his head so that was kind of a bummer. I'm sure we will get a good video of it soon to share.  He is understanding a lot more and knows not to put things in his mouth when we say "don't put that in your mouth", to sit down, and "no, don't touch." He recognizes pictures of daddy and when we face time with Brandon Turner gives him "kisses" on the phone. It's just about the sweetest thing you have ever seen. As soon as Brandon gets home from work, Turner doesn't leave his side. They are "best buddies" - we love it! He can wave Hi and is actually waving "hi" to Brandon's picture on the computer screen (melt my heart he is the cutest)! 

Brandon has been getting home between 5 and 5:30 pretty much every night. We are LOVING all the time we have to spend with him. We feel like this is exactly what we were looking for and praying for and Heavenly Father is truly blessing us with a lot of family time. Brandon was also just called to be assistant Scout Master and we are pretty excited about that. We are planning some big camping trips this summer and are excited to take Turner to experience the great outdoors. If Brandon and I can squeeze in a rafting trip that would be amazing but we will see how that works out....

We just went to the beach this Saturday and Turner LOVED it! He was literally crawling into the waves and getting hit in the face by the water and would laugh and scream in delight! It was so fun to experience that with him. Beach trips are a must for sure! 


I am LOVING being a Mom. It is the best most rewarding thing I have ever done. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be with him each day as he is growing and learning. It's awesome and I can't wait for more to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment