It is 6:30 AM and Turner isn't awake playing in his crib yelling "DaddYYYYY" a million times over and over so I am taking this rare, quiet, moment to blog about us moving BACK to California.
When we first prayed about moving to WA I was super frustrated (if you don't believe ask Brandon, My mom, and anyone I talked to between August and September). When I think about it now, I wasn't frustrated about the move or about where we were moving or having to live with Brandon's parents - I was most frustrated that the answer to my prayer when I prayed about moving up here was to "Follow your husband." Ummm, what? Why was he getting the answer so strongly that we needed to move and the only answer I was getting was to follow your husband and there wasn't a strong feeling behind it? I wanted the strong confirmation. I have gotten them my entire life. Every job opportunity, every move we have ever made, my major and minor in college, where we should live in each community, which house to buy/rent - I have always had these super strong promptings (not saying that in a bragging way) and this one time where I needed that strong prompting - it wasn't there.
So I did it, begrudgingly. In about October I was STILL struggling with what I thought my life was going to be and I started to pray when I got my strong prompting. The one I had been waiting for. The spirit told me that this was not going to be permanent, that this was going to be temporary. When I told Brandon he said "okay - but what does temporary mean?" He had a point. Our time frame is most often times very different than the Lords.
Brandon's Dad passed away on December 10th and Brandon said that a couple days after his passing it was like the "flip of a switch"that he felt like it was time for us to go. So we started praying and pondering and asking around and really trying to figure out where we would like to go and Brandon started sending out resumes. We thought that we would go to Utah or North Carolina but we weren't really thinking about California because it's so expensive, and don't get me started on the politics. So we kept praying and praying and we got the impression to reach out to Brandon's old company in LA (HBC). Brandon talked to his previous boss and after he got off the call he said "I feel like we are supposed to go back and work for HBC and get more experience there as a Project Manager" so we started praying about that. We got the impression that we should work for them but that we should ask for more during the negotiations - so we asked for everything we wanted, thinking that they would say "no way" - but they said "YES to everything." We both felt the promptings of the spirit so strongly when we heard that, that we knew that it was what we were supposed to do. So Brandon told them he would start March 2nd - and here we are - moving to CA, a house full of boxes again.
Part of the lesson that we had in Young Women's last week was about being truly confident. That when we are doing what Heavenly Father wants us to do and keeping his commandments that we can be truly confident in who we are and what we are doing with our lives. I have thought about that a lot this week as I have pondered on our move and what the Lord is wanting us to do with our lives. I can honestly say that even though I'm sure people think that we are flakes and that we are confused about life and that we move wayyyyy too much - that I am 100% confident in our decision - because I KNOW that this is what we are supposed to be doing.
We are trying to move in closer to LA and hopefully be closer to my sister and her family who live just north east of Santa Clarita. We are excited about being back in the sunshine, but we are most excited about what Heavenly Father has planned for us on this next adventure.
So happy for you...we'll and those of us who love you in So. Cal!
ReplyDelete